At the April 21 Board Meeting, the Board of Trustees approved changes to the general policy which will allow you more use of the library's materials. Here are some of the highlights:
- If you lose your card, now you will not have to pay for the first replacement. The cost will remain $1 for any additional replacement.
- New books may now be renewed if there are no holds on them.
- More than one flip camera may be checked out at a time.
- TV Shows will now checkout for 2 weeks instead of 1 week.
- A friend or family member may be allowed access to your account. If you sign off on it, they will be able to place holds, renew items, checkout items and holds on your card. Please ask at the Circulation Desk if you are interested in signing-up.
- You can buy a variety of items at the service desks including earbuds, flash drives, headphones and more. These items and their cost are now in the policy.
- We have a brand new Digital Media Lab Policy for our new lab which will open on Monday, June 2.
You can read the entire policy (PDF).
For more information or if you have questions, please contact us at 815.485.2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.