Volunteering at the Library
Would you like to give back to your community? Are you the type of person that loves libraries and what they have to offer? Then why not volunteer at the library?
From sorting books to getting crafts ready for storytime, the tasks tackled by our volunteers help to further the mission of the library. Help is needed with all kinds of jobs, some simple and some more technical. Volunteers can be found in most of the library’s departments and have responsibilities such as:
- assisting staff to get ready for programs
- helping keep our flyers and publicity up to date
- working with patrons, from children to seniors, at special events
- working with library staff behind the scenes
- helping keep our materials and our building in good shape
- working with books, DVDs, and other library materials
- helping out with the Summer Reading Club
The library happily accepts teen volunteers in grades 7-12 and adult volunteers. Court ordered community service is not accepted. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, we hope you will fill out a volunteer application below and bring it into the library.
Download a Volunteer Application for Adults
Download a Volunteer Application for Teens in Grades 7-12