Technical Services Associate
The Technical Services Associate works in collaboration with the Technical Services Manager assisting in Ordering, processing, repairing and cataloging library materials. An employee in this class deals mostly with other employees and vendors. A degree of skill and tact are required as well as knowledge of the purposes and functions of libraries. The work is performed in accordance with accepted library procedures and practices.
• LTA Certification Preferred
• Knowledge of library classification systems
• Knowledge of MARC Records and State Cataloging Standards
• Bar Code Level Test Completion preferred
• Strong Computer Skills
• Knowledge of processing procedures for libraries
• Ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing, person or by phone
This is a non-exempt paraprofessional position.
Feb. 5, 2016