Deadline has been extended to November 3!
Showcase your talent by entering our Teen Art Contest
Artists in grades 7-12, it is your time to shine! The New Lenox Library is hosting a Teen Art Competition to celebrate YOUR talents, and we cannot wait to see your masterpieces.
Please submit your paintings, drawings, sculptures, photographs, digital art—whatever type of art you make, we want it!
- The artwork must be original. You must be the creator of the artwork that is submitted to the contest. Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material. If your image infringes upon another's copyright it will be disqualified.
- Submissions must include a parent, or guardian’s signature. Entry forms must be legibly completed and turned in with the artwork.
Submissions accepted starting September 3, 2018.
Artwork must be received by November 3, 2018.
Join us for the Gallery Exhibition on November 9, 2018.
Complete the entry form by either downloading a PDF form, or by visiting Adult Services on the 2nd floor of the Library. Art should be submitted in person at the Adult Services desk.
- All submissions must be received by 8pm on Saturday, November 3, 2018.
- You must be a teen in grades 7 – 12 to submit.
- All submissions should be dropped off at the Adult Services desk on the 2nd floor. A submission form will need to be filled out to be entered into the art exhibit/contest.
- Please submit only 1 piece.
Download the PDF submission form:
All qualified art must be submitted by teens grades 7 – 12th.
All artwork and winners will be revealed on a Teen Art Gallery Reception on November 9, 2018, 6 – 8 pm.
Judges will be artist and teachers within the community.
- Wall Piece: Finished pieces must be no larger than 12”x 16”
- 3D items must be no larger than 1 ft x 1 ft x 1 ft and able to fit on a shelf
- The art/object must be gallery ready. Artwork should be mounted onto matte board or other sturdy background, if unframed, and 3D objects should be able to sit on a shelf.
- Artwork should be practical for a public space that is open 24/7. Please avoid submitting items that are too fragile, sharp, or small to be safe in such an environment.
- Artwork must be “school appropriate” as it will be displayed in the Library. The library reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for display in the library.
- First Place: KINDLE FIRE
- Second Place: $50.00 GIFT CARD
- Third Place: $25.00 GIFT CARD
- Honorable Mentions (3): $5.00 GIFT CARD
All prizes and ribbons will be awarded after the exhibition. Artwork must be picked up by November 14, 2018, unless you have selected to loan your artwork to the library for a couple of months to have on display.