The library staff are delighted to offer materials services for our community once again. Curbside Service began on June 8. We appreciate your continued patience as we safely redesign our services.
Phones are staffed during the following library hours:
Monday – Thursday: 10 am – 7 pm | Friday: 10 am – 5 pm | Saturday: 10 am – 3 pm
Library Reopening FAQs
Return Your Library Materials
Not picking up new items? Just return your items to the bookdrop!
If you are picking up new items, we will have rolling bins available curbside for your library materials. Simply pull up and drop off your items when you're picking up new materials, and then they will be rolled into our quarantine area for one week. This service will be available for the following time or until bins fill up.
Wearing a mask is required while interacting with staff and in the library building. Thank you for helping us keep our staff safe.
Curbside Pickup Service
Additional Hours Starting July 6
10 am – 7 pm
10 am – 5 pm
10 am – 3 pm
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Step 1: Place a hold in our online catalog or by calling us at 815-485-2605 during the library hours stated above.
- Step 2: Wait for the library to notify you that your hold is available.
- Step 3: Pick up your items at the east entrance of the library (by the flagpole in the big parking lot, not the Commons circle drive entrance) during designated hours. Items will already be checked out and held for a limited time. Wearing a mask is required while interacting with staff and in the library building. Enjoy your items! You can return them in the book drop when you're done.
The library will reopen on Monday, July 13. Curbside will continue. Read our Reopening FAQs.
Wearing a mask is required while interacting with staff and in the library building.
The Fine Print
- The library will accept returns for all New Lenox items.
- The curbside pickup service is only available for New Lenox Library cardholders. If you need a card, please request a digital library card.
- Only items that are available at the New Lenox Library can be placed on hold; no delivery service between libraries is available right now.
- Some items may not be available for hold pick up.
- Holds will be limited to 10 items per order fulfillment.
- All items will be checked out for 3 weeks before you pick up your item; checkout slips will be placed in your item.
The hours of the pickup service will be limited at first, and once staff have acclimated to the process, hours will be expanded gradually to eventually include Saturdays and typical library operating hours. We appreciate your understanding! If you have any questions, please contact Director Michelle Krooswyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.