The Library is now open during the following hours:
Monday – Thursday: 10 am – 7 pm | Friday: 10 am – 5 pm | Saturday: 10 am – 3 pm
Open 9 – 10 am on Tuesday and Thursday for vulnerable and high-risk visitors.
Library Reopening FAQs
Wearing a mask is required while interacting with staff and in the library building.
Return Your Library Materials
Not picking up new items? Just return your items to the bookdrop!
If you need to renew an item, please don't bring it to the library. Call us at 815-485-2605 to renew over the phone, or renew in your online account. So easy!
Hold Shelves in the Library & Curbside Pickup Service
Starting Monday, July 27, items available on our Hold shelves will no longer be automatically checked for pickup. Items requested will need to be picked up and checked out at the Circulation desk.
If you prefer curbside service, please place your order over the phone and once your items are ready for pickup, you can request to have them brought out to your car at your convenience.
How to Place Your Curbside Request Over the Phone
- Step 1: Call the Library at 815-485-2605 during the hours stated above. (Holds placed directly in the online catalog will no longer by automatically checked out for pickup. Online holds will need to be picked up inside and checked out at the Circulation desk.)
- Step 2: Wait for the library to notify you that your hold is available.
- Step 3: Pull up to the east entrance of the library (by the flagpole in the big parking lot, not the Commons circle drive entrance) during library hours. Call the library, and staff will bring your items out to you. Wearing a mask is required while interacting with staff and in the library building. Enjoy your items! You can return them in the book drop when you're done.
The Fine Print
- The library will accept returns for all items.
- The curbside pickup service is only available for New Lenox Library cardholders. If you need a card, please request a digital library card or sign up for a card at the library.
- Books are available from many, but not all, PrairieCat system libraries at the moment.
- Some items may not be available for hold pick up.
- Holds will be limited to 10 items per order fulfillment.
- All items will now be checked out for 2 weeks before you pick up your item; checkout slips will be placed in your item.
If you have any questions, please contact Director Michelle Krooswyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.