See you in May 2021!
Make It at the Library!
Saturday, September 14
1:00 – 4:00 pm
Calling all DIYers and lifelong learners! Join us for a variety of interactive activities, exhibits, and demos from local professionals, library staff, and community members. Discover and explore new interests. Tinker and build in our Makerspace, craft and create in the Meeting Room, discover and educate yourself on all of the technology in our Digital Media Lab – there’s something for every Maker.
- Learn how to draw anything with famous comic book artist and writer Gene Ha
- Decorate cakes with Farmhouse Academy
- Save the bees! Learn how honey is made and how to encourage pollinator survival
- See how beer is made with Hickory Creek Brewing
- Learn how Greg Tweedy makes his DIY lightsabers, complete with sound effects
- Learn magic tricks and how to make balloon animals with the Magic Team of Gary Kantor
- With so many presenters, there's something for everyone!
Get hands-on with all that the New Lenox maker community has to offer. What will you Make?
Maker Day is for all ages and is a family-friendly event.
See Our Amazing Presenters!
Famous Comic Book Artist & Writer Gene Ha, the Aurora SciTech Museum, Farmhouse Academy, Joliet Junior College's MakerLab, KidsWork Children’s Museum, Hickory Creek Brewing, DIY lightsabers — you really won't want to miss Maker Day 2019!Maker Day 2019 Presenters
Make More at the Library Year-Round
We have lots of opportunities for makers at New Lenox Library! Be sure to check out:
- The Kids Makerspace downstairs in the Library, with wall boards, maker toys, robots and more
- The Digital Media Lab upstairs in the Library, with lots of creative technology, sewing machines, and a 3D printer
- Events and classes about crafting and technology online and in our Program Guide
- Free of charge access to Lynda.com — Online Learning for Creativity & Technology with your New Lenox Library card