You can help us provide more programs, services and materials to our community with donations. These funds:
- Put books, movies and other materials on library shelves
- Provide learning opportunities for children and adults
- Increase access to media and technology
- Enhance library services
To make a contribution, please contact Director Michelle Krooswyk at firstname.lastname@example.org at 815-485-2605 ext. 101. You may pay by check or credit card. Credit card payments can be made at the checkout desk in the Library. Checks should be sent to: New Lenox Public Library District, Attn: Donations, 120 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox, IL 60451.
If you have a question about donations, please contact Executive Director Michelle Krooswyk at 815-485-2605 ext. 101 or email@example.com.
Gifts for Friends and Family
Don’t know what to get for someone? Give a gift that will keep on giving. Celebrate a birthday, commemorate an anniversary, or honor a loved one who has passed away with a gift to the library that will be cherished for years to come.
Donate to the library, and we will dedicate your choice of a book, movie or CD in their honor. They’ll receive a special bookplate in the item and also receive a special card from you and the library with the item’s information.
The Studio happily accepts monetary donations towards new equipment and software (specify The Studio when donating). We also accept yarn, knitting needles, crochet hooks, and fabric. Please talk to The Studio staff about craft donations.
Gently-Used Books & Materials
We are once again welcoming donations of gently used books, audiovisual materials, and puzzles. New Lenox Library and the Friends of the Library will review all material donated and determine whether it should be added to the collection, used in the Friends’ Book Sale, or discarded.
We welcome the following items in good condition:
- Recent and popular fiction and non-fiction books
- Paperbacks in like-new condition
- Cookbooks are particularly desirable
- Classic books and books on school reading lists
- DVDs and audiobooks on CD
We do not need:
- Extra issues or old runs of magazines or newspapers
- Textbooks, old encyclopedia sets
- Dated books, particularly computer and medical books
- Music CDs
- Pamphlets, phone books, or directories
- Cassettes, record albums or VHS tapes
- Damaged or mildewed books
- Books with missing covers or torn pages
You can bring items to the Receiving Door at the back of the building during Library hours. Ring the bell for staff assistance. Do not put donated items in the book drop or leave them outside of the building. Thank you!
Donations are tax deductible. At your request, library staff can provide you with a letter of receipt that you may fill out for tax purposes. The library staff is not qualified to determine the value of your donation.