Library reopening Monday, January 18
The New Lenox Public Library District will reopen the building to the public in a limited capacity on Monday, January 18. We appreciate our patrons’ ongoing patience as we made plans to safely reopen.
Grab & Go is still in effect through Saturday, January 16.
At the library
- The library will be reopening on Monday, January 18. While our collection is accessible, some services are limited or unavailable at this time.
- Seating is not currently available at the library.
- Grab & Go is in effect from Saturday, November 28 through Saturday, January 16.
- New library cards should be requested online.
- If your card is scheduled to expire soon, renew it by calling Circulation at 815-485-2605.
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 5 days prior to check in.
- Homebound Delivery is still available.
- When the library is closed, WiFi access is still available from the parking lot. Connect to NLPL-Public (no password required). Our WiFi was expanded to reach outside of the building this year and should be accessible in the large parking lot as well as close to the building.
What you can do from home
As always, the New Lenox Public Library offers a wide variety of resources even if you cannot make it to our library. Please note that your default PIN number is the last 4 digits of your library card, but can be changed. If you have trouble with your PIN, please call the library.
- If you don't have a library card, request a digital library card.
- Our programming has moved online.
- Our eLibrary collection is available 24/7. You can access these resources from wherever you are by visiting eBooks, eAudiobooks & Digital Magazines. You can also get book recommendations.
- Most of our Online Resources are accessible from home.
- Keep visiting this page and follow us on social media for details.
The Library is taking a number of precautionary measures to protect our patrons, volunteers and staff. As we continue to monitor the situation, we will be taking a phased response based on our evaluation of developing data about the current pandemic. We are working with local partners and referencing peer institutions to make the best decisions in support of our patrons, volunteers and staff. Please keep checking the New Lenox Public Library website and our social media for regular updates about Library services.