Building reopened on Monday, July 13
The New Lenox Public Library District is excited to have reopened the building to the public on Monday, July 13. We appreciate our patrons’ ongoing patience as we made plans to safely reopen. These preparations included staff training, acquiring sufficient PPE, and restarting circulation, including quarantine of materials.
At the library
- The library reopened on July 13. While our collection is accessible, some services are limited or unavailable at this time.
- Curbside Pickup remains available by calling the library.
- The Digital Media Lab is closed, but offering expanded digitization services.
- Passport appointments began on August 18.
- Homebound Delivery is now available.
- All cards currently scheduled to expire should be renewed by calling Circulation at 815-485-2605 or visiting the library building.
- Seating is not currently available at the library.
What you can do from home
As always, the New Lenox Public Library offers a wide variety of resources even if you cannot make it to our library. Please note that your default PIN number is the last 4 digits of your library card, but can be changed. If you have trouble with your PIN, please call the library.
- If you don't have a library card, request a digital library card.
- Our programming has moved online.
- Our eLibrary collection is available 24/7. You can access these resources from wherever you are by visiting eBooks, eAudiobooks & Digital Magazines. You can also get book recommendations.
- Most of our Online Resources are accessible from home.
- Keep visiting this page and follow us on social media for details.
The Library is taking a number of precautionary measures to protect our patrons, volunteers and staff. As we continue to monitor the situation, we will be taking a phased response based on our evaluation of developing data about the current pandemic. We are working with local partners and referencing peer institutions to make the best decisions in support of our patrons, volunteers and staff. Please keep checking the New Lenox Public Library website and our social media for regular updates about Library services.