Library reopened Monday, January 18
Building open for browsing
- Short visits encouraged
- Social distancing required
- Nose, mouth must be covered at all times
1-hour limit for computers
- Socially distanced help available
- Printing, scanning available
Seating, rooms unavailable
- No seating
- Study, meeting rooms closed
- Live & precorded online programs
- Kit pickup available in building when offered
- Request digital card online
- Physical cards available at library building
At the library
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 5 days prior to check in.
- Even when the library is closed, WiFi access is available from the parking lot. Connect to NLPL-Public (no password required). Our WiFi was expanded to reach outside of the building, and should be accessible in the large parking lot, as well as close to the building.
What you can do from home
- Our eLibrary collection is available 24/7. You can access these resources from wherever you are by visiting eBooks, eAudiobooks & Digital Magazines. You can also get book recommendations.
- Most of our Online Resources are accessible from home.
- Your default PIN number is the last 4 digits of your library card, but can be changed. If you have trouble with your PIN, please call the library.
The Library is taking a number of precautionary measures to protect our patrons, volunteers and staff. As we continue to monitor the situation, we will be taking a phased response based on our evaluation of developing data about the current pandemic. We are working with local partners and referencing peer institutions to make the best decisions in support of our patrons, volunteers and staff. Please keep checking the New Lenox Public Library website and our social media for regular updates about Library services.