Reopening on Monday, July 13
The New Lenox Public Library District is excited to be reopening the building to the public on Monday, July 13. We appreciate our patrons’ ongoing patience as we made plans to safely reopen. These preparations included staff training, acquiring sufficient PPE, and restarting circulation/quarantine of materials.
Curbside Pickup Schedule: The library is now running Curbside Pickup of New Lenox Library-owned materials.
All due dates have been extended to June 26. If you are receiving notifications for overdue materials, you may disregard them due to the extension. Our book drop is now open. Thank you!
At the library
- Staff will be at the library to take your calls beginning June 1, and Curbside Pickup will be available for scheduling starting June 8.
- Library materials will not be due until after we re-open (at this time, our system has moved all due dates to June 26). Updates will be provided on this page and on our social media channels.
- No fines will be assessed while we are closed.
- All cards scheduled to expire during this period will not expire until after the library reopens.
- All in-person programming has been canceled until August 1.
What you can do from home
As always, the New Lenox Public Library offers a wide variety of resources even if you cannot make it to our library. Please note that your default PIN number is the last 4 digits of your library card, but can be changed. If you have trouble with your PIN, please call the library.
- If you don't have a library card, request a digital library card.
- Our eLibrary collection is available 24/7. You can access these resources from wherever you are by visiting eBooks, eAudiobooks & Digital Magazines. You can also get book recommendations.
- Most of our Online Resources are accessible from home.
- Keep visiting this page and follow us on social media for details.
The Library is taking a number of precautionary measures to protect our patrons, volunteers and staff. As we continue to monitor the situation, we will be taking a phased response based on our evaluation of developing data about the current pandemic. We are working with local partners and referencing peer institutions to make the best decisions in support of our patrons, volunteers and staff. Please keep checking the New Lenox Public Library website and our social media for regular updates about Library services.