A Hotspot is a handy device which allows you to connect to the internet even where there is no public Wi-Fi available. Internet out? Need to stay connected while traveling? Check out a hotspot for home and on the go!
New Lenox Library now has six WiFi hotspots available for checkout, available on a drop-in basis.
Due to their popularity, hotspots can only be checked out to one card per household at a time. One 7-day checkout is available per 30-day period, per household.
Checking Out a Hotspot
- New Lenox Library adult (16+) card holders only.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 7 days.
- Only one hotspot may be checked out per household at one time.
- One hotspot checkout per household per 30-day period.
- There are no fees associated with the WiFi Hotspots unless they are overdue, which will be assessed at $1 per day (maximum of $10).
- Please return your Hotspot to the checkout desk in the Library only. Any that are returned in the book drop will incur a $5 fine.
If you have any additional questions, please call the library at 815-485-2605.
4G LTE Coverage
Our hotspots have 4G LTE coverage in the United States only (contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico). Coverage is extensive, but some areas may not have access available. Visit Mobile Beacon's Coverage Map to make sure the area you'll be using the hotspot in is covered before checkout. We cannot guarantee coverage.