A Hotspot is a handy device which allows you to connect to the internet even where there is no public Wi-Fi available. Internet out? Need to stay connected while traveling? Check out a hotspot for home and on the go!
New Lenox Library has two WiFi hotspots available for checkout. One can be put on hold in our catalog, and the other is available on a drop-in basis.
Checking Out a Hotspot
To check out a WiFi Hotspot, you must be a New Lenox Library card holder and over 18. Come to the Adult Services desk upstairs to fill out a Hotspot Agreement Form prior to the first checkout, and then it will be kept on file for future use.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 10 days.
- Only one hotspot may be checked out per person at a time.
- Holds may only be placed by patrons 18 or older.
- After the library calls you to let you know it's available for pickup, the hotspot must be picked up by the end of the next business day or the hotspot will be made available to the next patron.
- There is not fee associated with the WiFi Hotspots unless they are overdue, which will be assessed at $1 per day (maximum of $10).
- Please return your Hotspot to the Adult Services desk only. Any that are returned in the book drop will incur a $5 fine.
If you have any additional questions, call our Adult Service Department at 815-485-2605 ext. 123.
4G LTE Coverage
Our ZTE Warp Connect hotspots have 4G LTE coverage in the United States only (contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico). Coverage is extensive, but some areas may not have access available. Visit Mobile Beacon's Coverage Map to make sure the area you are visiting is covered before checkout. We cannot guarantee coverage.