If you have a resource for this page, please send the information to email@example.com. Thank you for your help making this a valuable and thorough local resource!
COVID-19 Related Resources
For career information, please visit Job Seekers.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor.
- The Crisis Line of Will & Grundy Counties refers people in need to local aid, provides 24/7 non-directive, non-judgmental telephone counseling, and offers friendly reassurance calls to elderly, disabled, and homebound people. Crisis Line is also accredited through the American Associaton of Suicidology for the intervention and prevention of suicide. Answering calls not only on their local hotline numbers, but also for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.
- SNAP Application
- The New Lenox Food Pantry is available at the Township Offices for New Lenox residents who are in need of food supplies.
- The Crisis Line of Will & Grundy Counties refers people in need to local aid, including local food assistance programs.
- MorningStar Mission’s East Side Cafe offers three warm meals six days a week and two meals on Sundays to homeless and at-risk guests in the Joliet-area community.
- The Meals on Wheels of Will County nutrition program serves the entire County of Will. Nutrition services are provided to assist older adults to live independently by promoting better health through improved nutrition and reduced isolation through a program coordinated with other supportive services. For home-delivered meals, call 1-815-726-0094 ext. 324. This program can also act as a well-being check.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps low-income households pay for utilities such as heat, gas, and electric. Call (877) 411-9276 to learn where you can apply in your county.
- Illinois Tenant Rights Laws
- The U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) can aid low-income families in finding affordable rental housing and help homeowners avoid foreclosure. Call the Chicago Regional Office: 312-353-6236
Caregiving & Children's Needs
- Supporting Families During COVID provides families with telehealth evaluations and treatments for ADHD, mood disorders, autism, and anxiety disorders. Tips for managing behavior and remote learning are also offered.
- Essential workers in Illinois who are seeking emergency childcare can call the Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies’ toll-free hotline at 888-228-1146 or visit COVID-19 Emergency Provider Search.
- Employed Illinois residents who meet eligibility requirements can receive financial assistance for childcare from the Illinois Department of Human Services’ Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP).
- Care.com offers listings of reviewed, trusted local caregivers for all ages.
- MorningStar Mission’s Treasure Chest Thrift Stores were created to allow families to shop for clothing and household items with dignity. With two locations, families in need can find shoes, clothing, appliances, household goods, and more.
- Goodwill Store & Donation Center