Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Witamy!
Your library card helps you access an unbelievable amount of resources here in New Lenox — and beyond.
- Learn about the 2020 Census
- See our newest releases
- Check out an eBook
- Find your next favorite book
- Learn a new language
- Discover your family history
- Improve your technology skills
- Get ready for a new job
- Attend events and classes
There's so much to do at New Lenox Library. We're waiting for you!
This Week’s New Releases for Adults
What Can the Library Do for You?
- Homebound Delivery — The Homebound Library Delivery Service at The New Lenox Library provides free Library services to individuals who are residents within our district boundaries and are unable to physically come to the New Lenox Library.
- Study Rooms & Exam Proctoring — Proctoring assistance is available on a limited basis, by appointment, to New Lenox Public Library card holders. Four study rooms are available upstairs, and can be reserved up to one week ahead of time.
- Notary Services — The New Lenox Public Library offers Notary Services by appointment.
- Passports — We are an official Passport Acceptance Facility of the U.S. Department of State. Learn what you need and how to request an appointment.
- Voter Registration — Voter Registration is available to Will County residents during library hours.
Resources from Home
- eBooks & Digital Magazines — Check out eBooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines any time, any place. Great for everyone — especially night owls and commuters! You'll definitely need this as the winter weather takes hold.
- Online Resources — Cookbooks from over 170 countries, language learning, technology and business courses, historical research, consumer reviews: if you need it, we probably have it. Most resources are accessible from home.
The Tech Center, near the main desk upstairs in Adult Services, has 14 Windows computers with Microsoft Office and 4 Mac computers. Internet browsing and printing are available.
One-on-One Technology Help
Smartphone making you feel dumb? Kindle too confusing? Our staff can teach you how to use your devices and access library resources. Contact Adult Services at 815-485-2605 ext. 123 to set up an 30- or 60-minute appointment with a staff member. Please note, we cannot fix broken devices or computers with viruses.
Digital Media Lab
The Digital Media Lab has everything you need to get started on personal archives and creative projects.
- Convert VHS to DVD
- Learn how to edit photographs
- Make movies with our green screen wall
- Use a sewing machine
- Request a 3D print
Take your orientation online and visit the Digital Media Lab today!