Kids & Teen Book Clubs
We have two Book Clubs for kids and teens, Girls Rock and Guys Read. Both Book Clubs focus on Grades 4–8. Do fun activities, have a snack, and talk about books! You can pick up Girls Rock and Guys Read books at the Circulation Desk. If you’d prefer audiobooks, our staff can help you find them in the library. If we don’t have them here, they will help you request them from other libraries.
Girls Rock meets one Tuesday every month at 6:30–7:30 p.m. in the Storytime Room. Visit our Events Calendar to register for Girls Rock.
- September 5: Like Magic by Elaine Vickers
- October 24: The Fearsome Foursome by John Esposito
Guys Read meets on the third Friday of the month at 4:30–5:30 p.m. in the Storytime Room. Visit our Events Calendar to register for Guys Read.
- September 22: Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- October 20: Masterminds by Gordon Korman
- November 17: The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
Teen & Adult Book Clubs
Teen (Grades 7–12) & Adult Book Clubs are run by our community members. If you have any questions about joining a book club or starting your own, contact Programming & Volunteer Coordinator Denise Wargosky at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to staff in Adult Services.
You can pick up adult book club books at the Adult Services Reference Desk upstairs. We often have large print as well as regular print books. If you’d prefer audiobooks, our staff can help you find them in the library or request them from other libraries.
Adult Book Club
This group meets the second Wednesday of the month from 6:30–7:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the first floor. If you’re not sure where the Board Room is, our Circulation staff will be happy to show you. New members are always welcome!
- August 9: Midwives by Chris Bohajalian
- September 13: Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Mystery Book Club
This group meets the third Tuesday of the month from 1:30–2:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the first floor. If you’re not sure where the Board Room is, our Circulation staff will be happy to show you. New members are always welcome!
- August 15: Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin
- September 19: Until Proven Guilty, a J. P. Beaumont novel by J. A. Jance
- October 17: Home by Harlan Coben
- November 21: Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon
- December 19: A Plain Disappearance by Amanda Flower