Do you usually vote at the Library? On November 7, you'll vote at Village Hall. Voting has been moved next door due to Library renovations affecting available space.
UPDATE at 12 PM: We're back! The elevator is back in action, and you're able to go upstairs.
Earlier today: Our elevator is down for service this morning, Wednesday, October 26. The upstairs Adult & Teen Services Department is closed until further notice. Our staircase continues to be under renovation.
We are hoping the outage will be limited to this morning. We'll post again when upstairs is accessible.
Patron Services (checkout and holds area) and Youth Services remain accessible.
We apologize for the inconvenience while this necessary service takes place.
We are excited to announce that the first stage of library renovations will begin very soon. This first stage will be completed in two phases to ensure the library building remains open.
Phase 1 is targeted for completion in September, with Phase 2 beginning immediately after Phase 1 is finished.
We'll let you know exact dates once they are confirmed.
Entrance closure beginning mid-July
- Our east entrance, connected to our parking lot, will be closed while that side of the building is under construction. A new automatic door system will be installed. No more heavy single doors, hurray!
- The west entrance, on the side of the Commons, will be the only open entrance during our Phase 1 renovation (expected to last at least 3 months).
- During Phase 2, the Commons entrance will be closed for renovations while the parking lot entrance reopens.
- The lobby area will be significantly narrowed while half of it undergoes renovation during Phase 1. The other half of the lobby area will undergo renovation during Phase 2.
- New Releases for adults and teens have been moved upstairs.
- Our Patron Services checkout desk will be moved temporarily to the New Releases space.
Meeting rooms unavailable
- The first-floor meeting rooms will be unavailable during this phase of construction. We are already working to make alternative arrangements for all programs and community groups that meet in this area of the library.
- Due to limited space, those wishing to attend in-person events will be required to register in advance. Please check the events calendar for the most up-to-date program locations and capacity information.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work hard to provide the best possible solutions for our patrons and community.
Sealed bids for the Lobby Renovation will be received by New Lenox Public Library District located at 120 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox, IL 60451 until 2 pm prevailing time on Tuesday, May 24, 2022.
Note on Friday, May 20: The bid due date that was published in above notice in the Daily Herald has been updated to 2 pm on Tuesday, May 24 (not 4 pm on Friday, May 20 as published or Wednesday, May 25 as formerly posted).
While supplies last, choose and share seeds at New Lenox Library! Most seeds can be sown directly in the garden. We also will accept donations of open seeds in original packaging.
Currently in stock:
- Leafy Greens
The Little Free Seed Library can be found upstairs in Adult and Teen Services, across from the service desk, near the Program display books and the computers. Please take no more than two at a time.