Did clicking through those book carousels give you carpal tunnel? Scroll easy with our updated New Releases page formatting. We've also broken down Kids items into more specific areas!
The Census, conducted once every 10 years, is the constitutionally-required count of every person living in the United States. Census data are used to make decisions about how and where to spend more than $800 billion each year for programs and services that communities rely on, such as schools, roads, hospitals, libraries, and other public services.
Most households will receive their Census materials by U.S. mail or hand-delivery starting in mid-March. The online and telephone response options will be available March 12, 2020. By April 1, 2020, you will receive an invitation to participate in the Census.
Need to know more? Read the answers to frequently asked questions about the 2020 Census.
We are excited to announce a great service that will allow you to easily keep track of everything going on in our community!
Burbio.com is a FREE website and app that puts library, school, and other local events all in one calendar. You can create a personalized event feed and even sync events to your Google or iPhone calendars! You'll also receive important notifications when events change or get cancelled.
Push notifications are now live in Libby, providing a new way to connect with and engage more readers. Users can choose which notifications they’d like to receive from the Libby menu under Manage Notifications, including:
- When a hold becomes available
- When a loan is about to expire
- When a loan has expired
- And more!
- Notifications are device-specific, so users can set their notification preferences for each device they use Libby on.
- After swiping a push notification, a user will be taken to their Reading Journey for that title, which displays any previous interactions and activity the user had with that book (notes, highlights, time read, etc.).
- Users on devices that don’t support push notifications (or where they’re disabled) can opt to receive notifications via email or in the Libby menu.
- Along with a new Manage Notifications section, we’ve refreshed and simplified the Libby menu.
- Going forward, email addresses for users that opt into Libby notifications will no longer be captured in Marketplace reports.
- As a follow-up to our earlier message, in early 2020, hold redelivery will replace auto-checkout, and Libby's notifications will be a helpful tool for guiding users through the new experience. Learn more about hold redelivery on the Overdrive website.
To enjoy notifications and other app improvements, be sure to install the latest update for Libby from your device’s app store.
Visit Libby Help for more information about notifications and other Libby features. As always, feel free to reach out to New Lenox Library staff if you need assistance.
We currently have a few web pages that are not working — mostly our pages that contain forms, such as our Friends of the Library page, Be a Volunteer page, Travel Kits page, and 3D Printing page. We are working to bring those pages back online. In the meantime, you can call the Library at 815-485-2605 for answers to your questions. Thank you for your patience.