We are excited to announce that the first stage of library renovations will begin very soon. This first stage will be completed in two phases to ensure the library building remains open.
Phase 1 is targeted for completion in September, with Phase 2 beginning immediately after Phase 1 is finished.
We'll let you know exact dates once they are confirmed.
Entrance closure beginning mid-July
- Our east entrance, connected to our parking lot, will be closed while that side of the building is under construction. A new automatic door system will be installed. No more heavy single doors, hurray!
- The west entrance, on the side of the Commons, will be the only open entrance during our Phase 1 renovation (expected to last at least 3 months).
- During Phase 2, the Commons entrance will be closed for renovations while the parking lot entrance reopens.
- The lobby area will be significantly narrowed while half of it undergoes renovation during Phase 1. The other half of the lobby area will undergo renovation during Phase 2.
- New Releases for adults and teens have been moved upstairs.
- Our Patron Services checkout desk will be moved temporarily to the New Releases space.
Meeting rooms unavailable
- The first-floor meeting rooms will be unavailable during this phase of construction. We are already working to make alternative arrangements for all programs and community groups that meet in this area of the library.
- Due to limited space, those wishing to attend in-person events will be required to register in advance. Please check the events calendar for the most up-to-date program locations and capacity information.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work hard to provide the best possible solutions for our patrons and community.