We provide a high-quality public education that strives to inform, enrich, and enlighten.
Our Community Vision
The New Lenox Public Library District provides access to collections, programs, and leadership to promote the development of literate and informed citizens through open and equal access to cultural, intellectual, recreational and information resources.
Our Strategic Plan
INFORM: Research Assistance & Instruction
Goal 1 — Library staff will provide both individual and group opportunities to support educational experiences.
Goal 2 — Staff will be exposed to continuous education to further improve quality of instruction and research delivered to the community.
ENRICH: Self-Directed Education
Goal 3 — People will find library material convenient and easy to access.
Goal 4 — The library will strive to offer unique materials and spaces that are useful, educational and needed by the community.
Goal 5 — People will experience library offerings and resources through an innovative use of technology.
ENLIGHTEN: Instructive & Enlightening Experiences
Goal 6 — The library will be a welcoming environment that meets community and cultural needs.
Goal 7 — Partnerships and signature initiatives will allow people to connect, interact and participate in enlightening experiences.
The New Lenox Public Library District values:
- Demonstrating excellence in customer service
- Providing, supporting, and advocating for access for all
- Acting with initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Working with enthusiasm and optimism to reach goals
- Maintaining responsible stewardship of resources
- Protecting user privacy and confidentiality
- Providing a helpful, friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Our Patron Services Commitment
What you can expect from us:
- We acknowledge each patron and provide service with kindness and respect
- Our spaces are well maintained, accommodating, and available for community use
- We provide service efficiently and effectively; finding an answer to your question is our priority
- We listen first and adapt to your changing needs in order to provide personalized service
- Library management is committed to delivering on our Strategic Goals and meeting community expectations in a way that is fiscally responsible
- The Library provides opportunities for community engagement, participation, and learning