We are in Phase 5 as of Friday, June 11, 2021. Please visit our main COVID-19 page for details. This page is now archived and will not be updated.
June 11 Update
We are in Phase 5 beginning Friday, June 11, 2021. Please visit our main COVID-19 page for details. This page is now archived and will not be updated.
June 1 Update
- All seating available upstairs; hard seating downstairs
- Computers no longer have 1-hour limit
- In-person programs began in May
- Volunteer opportunities may be available
May 3 Update
- Back to pre-pandemic hours
- Items no longer need to be quarantined upon return
- Limited number of tables and hard chairs available
- Meeting room reservations and some study rooms available
- Now accepting limited donations
Reopened on Monday, January 18
The New Lenox Public Library District reopened the building to the public in a limited capacity on Monday, January 18.
We appreciate our patrons’ ongoing patience as we made plans to safely reopen. Please go through our frequently asked questions about library operations on these pages as we reopen our building. These pages will be updated on a continuing basis.
Returns are accepted 24/7 in our book drop. Hours have been be modified to allow our staff time to safely process materials and sanitize both staff and patron spaces. We will continue to post updates on our website and social media channels regarding the resumption of Library services.
You can continue to access the library without coming into the building:
- Grab & Go services are by request only when the building is open
- Please call to renew items instead of bringing them in, or renew in your online account, or renew in the new PrairieCat app
- eBooks, Audiobooks & Digital Magazines and Online Resources are always available
- Spring programs are online
The New Lenox Public Library District is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable environment for all patrons and staff. In accordance with the Restore Illinois Plan, all persons entering the library must wear a facial covering and must maintain a six foot distance from all other persons when practicable. Reasonable accommodations such as curbside pickup and online resources are available to those who are medically prevented from or decline to wear a facial covering. Those refusing to wear a facial covering and/or to maintain six foot distance when practicable shall be required to leave the library.
- Monday – Thursday
10 am – 8 pm
10 am – 6 pm
10 am – 4 pm